Deferred Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to JDRF. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, JDRF begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be 55 or older to begin receiving payments and must be at least 40 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to JDRF when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can schedule your annuity payments to begin when you need extra cash flow, such as retirement years.
- Payments are guaranteed and fixed, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
Some areas of this page may shift around if you resize the browser window. Be sure to check heading and document order.